Because children in child care spend so much time together, it’s not unusual for germs to spread. Child care providers can reduce the spread of common illnesses by using simple precautions like thorough hand washing and keeping surfaces and toys clean. Child care programs can also help prevent the spread of illnesses by requiring immunizations and by developing rules to exclude children with specific symptoms. The following articles will help child care providers, directors, and parents keep children healthy while they are in child care.
- Handwashing in Child Care
- Immunization Requirements for Child Care
- Keeping Things Clean in Child Care
- Guidelines for Excluding Sick Children from Child Care
- Preventing the Spread of Germs During Toileting
- Tips to Prevent Spreading Germs During Diapering
Photo by Agência Brasil / CC BY http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/br/deed.en