Feeding young children healthy, well-balanced meals and snacks supports their growth and development. But what can a child care provider do when children suddenly stop eating, or refuse to try new foods, or insist on eating one specific thing for every meal? The following articles address typical changes in young children’s eating habits and food preferences at different ages, and provide some tips for ensuring that children develop healthy attitudes about food.
- Helping Children in Child Care Learn Healthy Eating Habits
- Typical Eating Behaviors in Young Children
- Tips for Child Care Providers to Promote Healthy Attitudes about Food
- How to Stop Children in Child Care From Playing With Their Food
- How to Get Children in Your Child Care to Eat